If I told you that I didn’t embarrassingly rock out to the Spice Girls on two separate occasions in the last four days, I’d be lying. Okay, so it was really three times. Three times in four days. In public. In dive bars. In a karaoke bar. That’s not counting all the times I was alone in my apartment and ran into a Risky Business situation. What I am really trying to say here, in case you haven’t caught on, is the Spice Girls are the best thing to happen to this universe. Anyone who says they disagree is lying. Here’s why…
1. First in regards to the straight males out there who may be denying my very blanketed statement: For a really long time gals were running around in Spice Girl – esque outfits, so you are welcome boys.
2. We could mark out maturity growing by which Spice Girl we decided to identify with. ALl of my friends wanted to be Baby Spice. It led to lots of hair pulling and singing over each other. The pulling of pigtails always went a little too far. I had furry scrunchies, so of course I thought I should be the one.
3. The Spice Girls are still providing much unadulterated happiness for drunk girls. Ever been in a bar when a Spice Girls song comes on? Yeah, that. And yeah, I am definitely one of those girls.
4. Everytime I meet a guy I sing him “ If you wanna be my lover…” just so he knows what is up.
5. Spice Girls have taught me, and my generation of pleather donning attitude toting wannabes lots of important life lessons. Like to stop in the name of love and girls can be empowered while looking like super sluts. [Read more...]